The picture above is of a staircase from a home built in the 1850's. As you can see, it has not been restored recently, but there is something nice about seeing images that are more rustic.
Although I typically don't do residential architectural photography, I was hired by a development company to do architectural photography of this home for future large printing purposes. They wanted to capture the true essence of the home as it looked with no restoration efforts. It was one of my more interesting shoots so far in 2016. I really enjoyed doing the project.
Since my primary work is photographing people for commercial use, I have a lot more of that to show than of my architectural photography which I do my fair share of on the commercial side. However, it's interesting to see how people respond to different images online. This one has done well for me on both Facebook and Instagram.
On Instagram, this image has gotten around double the number of likes that most of my images get on average. It's no where near the most likes that I've ever gotten on one image on Instagram, but it is far above the average number of likes.
As a photographer, it's important to shoot new things whether it's a paid project or for personal use. It's also important to test images on social media to see how people respond to the image.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Protected: Best Contact Old Contact Page Code - May 3, 2018
- Canon C300 Mark II – Cannon Tutorials Plus Two Bonus Videos - August 13, 2017
- Functions Of The Canon 5D Mark IV – 4 Part Video Series - August 13, 2017
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017