HEY FELLOW PHOTOGRAPHER, it's Saturday, January 16th, 2016. 15 days of the new year have already passed. Yes, it's already mid-January. I'd say that makes it a good time for a checkup. I'm doing this post for your benefit and mine because I need to ask myself the same questions. (FYI, I actually wrote this post on Sunday, December 27th. It's called planning ahead.)
This post is actually going to be a lot of questions with no answers in most cases. So let's dive in.
1) On a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, how is your photography marketing plan working for you so far in 2016?
2) Have you shot any personal projects in 2016?
3) Are you feeling frustrated and ready to give up already? If so, what are you going to do about it?
4) Have you completed any online training? YouTube? KelbyOne? Karl Taylor? CreativeLive? And More?
5) How are your online photography marketing efforts going? Blogging? Social Media? Paid Ads? Reviews? Lead Sites? SEO Efforts? Updating Your Portfolio? Updating Your Website? Email Marketing? And More?
6) How are your offline photography efforts going? Cold Calls? Networking? Mailers? Building Strategic Connections? Mentor Meetings?And More?
7) How is your offline training going? Attended A Workshop? Read A Book? Assisted Another Photographer? And More?
Now that you've answered the questions above and completed your mid-January checkup, what are you going to do to improve over the rest of January to make sure the next time you do a checkup that the answers are even better.
UNLESS YOU TAKE CONSISTENT ACTIONS TOWARD YOUR GOALS AND THE AREAS ABOVE - YOU WILL CONTINUE TO WALLOW IN YOUR OWN SELF PITY AND WANT TO THROW IN THE TOWEL. IT'S ONLY JANUARY 16TH. IT'S TOO EARLY TO GIVE UP!!!
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Black and White Film Shot Of Our Golden Retriever: Trigger - February 2, 2022
- January 22, 2022 – North Carolina Snow Images Shot In Franklin County - January 22, 2022
- Taking A Leap Of Faith: Hiring Your First Employee As A Creative - January 21, 2022
- Canon R3 High ISO 12800 to 102400 Test: Before & After ON1 NoNoise AI - January 17, 2022
- Canon Pro-2100 – 24 Inch Printer Is In The House At RTP Photo And Video - January 16, 2022