You've likely heard the saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words." If that's the case, how many words is the 1 minute and 11 second video worth? How does 2,130,000 words sound?
At 30 frames per sounds which is 30 images in 1 second multiplied by 71 total seconds totaling 2,130 individual frames multiplied by 1,000 words per image (a picture is worth a thousand words), the total comes to 2,130,000 words. That's a lot of words.
OK, I get it. You may not have 2,130,000 words for the video above, but you likely get the idea: Video is valuable.
I love still images because there is something about stopping a moment in time in one single frame that can never be 100% exactly replicated, but videos have an ability to evoke many emotions as well. By adding sound and movement, there are things that videos can accomplish that still images cannot.
Just look at some YouTube statistics and you'll quickly see why video is important. You can actually buy the YouTube report as PDF download for $2.99 (not an affiliate link). In 2014, it was estimated that 1 billion people used YouTube. That number has likely grown.
There are 3 core ways that you can approach video for your business:
1) Use your phone to produce run and gun lower quality videos. Yes, you can really jazz up phone videos, but I'm assuming you are not a video wizard. Using your phone to create a short video is relatively easy: A) Press Record B) Upload.
2) Buy a simply camcorder. Canon makes the VIXIA series which usually have an EXTERNAL mic jack which is critical for better audio quality. Just make sure whatever camcorder you buy has an external mic jack because sound quality matters in video. Audio-Technica makes an affordable wired lapel mic. You'll also need a tripod to set the camcorder on.
3) Hire a professional. Yes, here's the shameless plug for our services. If you want to learn more about professional video services, call us at 919.723.8453 or use the online contact form.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Protected: Best Contact Old Contact Page Code - May 3, 2018
- Canon C300 Mark II – Cannon Tutorials Plus Two Bonus Videos - August 13, 2017
- Functions Of The Canon 5D Mark IV – 4 Part Video Series - August 13, 2017
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017