I purchased the "Flashpoint TTL Mini Speedlite for Canon" because it intrigued me and I trust Adorama. I figured that for the price point, the size and the features that it would be a good, low cost addition to my camera bag. My current go to primary speedlites are Canon's top of the line 600EX-RT; however, there is nothing wrong with have the "Flashpoint TTL Mini Speedlite" in my bag. It's a great compact hotshoe flash for the money. FYI, Nikon users, they do make this for Nikon as well. Oh, and I am not recommending it as a primary go to for professional photographers, but it's still a nice speedlite to have in your bag.
Nice Little Speedlite For The Money
Pros: Lightweight, Easy to use, Compact
Best Uses: Candids, Fill Flash
The only reason that I gave this a 4 star vs. a 5 star is because I'm not convinced the TTL is spot on, but at this price point, I am still satisfied. It's nice to have a hotshoe style speedlite that is so compact, so lightweight and has both TTL and Manual features. I did several test shots with it in both TTL and Manual and got good exposures 15ft. away on f/11. It has enough power in a small package for most candid type shooting. I plan to use the flash as an extra one to have in my bag because sometimes having a flash as a go to is better than no flash at all. I purchased it mainly because of the price point, the size/weight and that it had TTL as well as manual. I am very pleased with my initial images.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Black and White Film Shot Of Our Golden Retriever: Trigger - February 2, 2022
- January 22, 2022 – North Carolina Snow Images Shot In Franklin County - January 22, 2022
- Taking A Leap Of Faith: Hiring Your First Employee As A Creative - January 21, 2022
- Canon R3 High ISO 12800 to 102400 Test: Before & After ON1 NoNoise AI - January 17, 2022
- Canon Pro-2100 – 24 Inch Printer Is In The House At RTP Photo And Video - January 16, 2022