Home photography is not my specialty, but I was hired by a realtor who is familiar with my work to photograph the home above. It's something that I do on a case-by-case basis usually through a connection or a referral. Most first time callers will likely get introduced to a friend of mine who does a lot of home photography.
The images above took me a little out of my usual comfort zone of photographing people, but it's good to stretch beyond my core area from time to time. That's the best way to test skills and see if it's a new area to dive deeper into.
Being a commercial and business focused photographer, I believe that I would be more inclined to photograph offices and buildings than a private residence. However, I like keeping my options open.
The shoot above was a great learning experience and was not the first home that I had photographed. It will likely not be the last either. But I doubt real estate photography of homes will be an area that ever takes up more than 1-3% of my total business.
If you like the work above and would like to speak with me about real estate photography in the Raleigh area, please call me at 919.723.8453 or fill out the form on my website. If I'm not the right fit, I have a friend who does a lot of real estate photography in Raleigh and I can make an introduction.
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Black and White Film Shot Of Our Golden Retriever: Trigger - February 2, 2022
- January 22, 2022 – North Carolina Snow Images Shot In Franklin County - January 22, 2022
- Taking A Leap Of Faith: Hiring Your First Employee As A Creative - January 21, 2022
- Canon R3 High ISO 12800 to 102400 Test: Before & After ON1 NoNoise AI - January 17, 2022
- Canon Pro-2100 – 24 Inch Printer Is In The House At RTP Photo And Video - January 16, 2022