Joel Grimes is one of my favorite photographers not only because of his work but also because of his many online videos as well as his down to earth approach. Two of my absolute favorite things that I have heard Joel same numerous times on video are something along these lines ... 1) Not everyone will like your work. 2) You're an artist and a certain way of doing something may suit your taste better than another. If photographers will realize that not everyone will like his or her work and that his or her style may only appeal to the photographer and a loyal following, it will make a big difference at the end of the day.
In my own business, I find it interesting how many people that call me talk about how much they love my work and my site. BUT notice that I said, "people that call me." There are visits to my site which do not translate to calls which reminds me of "Not everyone will like your work" and I have to accept that.
Below is Joel's first video for his launch of his new video blog: "What Makes a Great Photograph?"
Here's one from November 30th..."The Power of Branding"
Here's one from December 4th..."Finding the Sweet Spot of Your Lens"
Latest posts by David Williams (see all)
- Protected: Best Contact Old Contact Page Code - May 3, 2018
- Canon C300 Mark II – Cannon Tutorials Plus Two Bonus Videos - August 13, 2017
- Functions Of The Canon 5D Mark IV – 4 Part Video Series - August 13, 2017
- Getting The Canon 5D Mark IV – Several Months After The Release - June 17, 2017
- Attracting & Retaining The Right Clients For Your Photography and/or Video Business - February 16, 2017